01/04/2018 6:00 PM Position No:
Family, Children & Young People Location:
Melbourne Metropolitan Work Type:
Permanent - Part Time
Ongoing – aligned to funding
2x Part time 18 hour/week positions (Over 3 days)
There is also an opportunity for additional hours
Annualised salary + Super
This is an opportunity to join an organisation experiencing an exciting growth and development phase. The City of Whittlesea is one of Melbourne's fastest growing and culturally diverse municipalities just 20kms north of the CBD.
Reporting to the Coordinator of Early Years Partnerships, you will be responsible for
planning and facilitating Supported Playgroups; providing In-home support; developing referral pathways for families and undertaking evaluation processes, including data collection.
This position falls under an annualised salary agreement. You will be required to work 18 hours per week (36 hours per fortnight), during school terms and an additional week at the end of each term to undertake planning activities.
Ideally qualified in early childhood development/education, social work/community services, health or a related field, your experience in engaging disadvantaged families, working collaboratively with a range of stakeholders, knowledge and skills in effective group work and facilitation, capacity to work independently as well as working effectively as part of a team is key to your success in this role.
- An Early Years qualification (minimum Diploma level) in Early Childhood Development/Education; Social Work/Community Services; health or related field and at least 3 years of relevant experience.
- Detailed knowledge of child development / family functioning and theoretical frameworks that underpin quality early years service delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to utilise a community development and strength based approach to engage eligible families into the Supported Playgroup program.
- Demonstrated capacity to develop relationships and work collaboratively with key stakeholders to support the implementation of the Supported Playgroup program.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in effective group work and facilitation.
- Ability to work independently, plan and organise work and manage conflicting pressures balanced against the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Current Victorian Driver’s Licence and computer literacy.
Want to know more?
This part time Position Description is available on www.findyourbalance.com.au If you have any questions regarding this role, please contact Kim Barker on 0428 791 075 or 9404 8875
**Applications close 6:00pm Sunday 1 April 2017
Please note all applicants must apply online and no late applications will be accepted
* You must have the right to live and work in Australia to be eligible for this vacancy
* You must answer the Key Selection Criteria
*All applicants must hold a valid Working with Children Check
*The successful applicant must undergo a police check