Position Title: Parish Secretary
Reports to: Parish Priest
Conditions: The position is Part time, Ongoing 8 hours per week with the initial
working hours from 9.00am to 1.00pm each day for 2 days per week. Some flexibility
maybe required to extend the working hours and days at times. This role is based at St.
Luke’s Parish office in Lalor.
Duties will include, but will not be limited to:
1. Provide secretarial and office support services to the Parish Priest, including
preparation of correspondence, taking of minutes, diary management, maintenance of
records and an orderly office, receiving telephone calls, welcoming visitors.
2. Actively support the Parish Priest in the day to day operation of the parish and
under his direction take responsibility for a wide range of administrative tasks with the
objective of ensuring efficient and seamless administration and a strong pastoral focus
in the parish.
3. Maintain the parish accounts with assistance from the Parish accountant, manage
the planned giving program and remitting and recording invoices to be paid on due date.
4. Develop and maintain sound working relationships with other parish workers,
be they employees or volunteers. Coordinate volunteer groups where necessary,
including those involved in the preparation of the liturgy, the celebration of the Mass and
ministering to the sick.
5. Assist the Parish Priest with church bookings for weddings, funerals and baptisms
and to record in Parish registers any and all relevant documentation on both paper
records and in our on line system.
6. Provide high level of customer service to the site, as first point of contact on the
7. Assist with Parish internal functions by setting and clearing up meeting room
preparation, and with internal and external fundraising functions by organizing lists of
attendees and processing their payments according to the method of payment
8. Provide updates and maintenance of Parish Website, processing strong IT skills.